How to clean junk files and cache on mac – Delete Junk Files and Cache on your macOS to Speed Up Performance.
Unlike Windows, which makes it easy when you want to delete junk or junk files, deleting junk files on Mac devices is actually not recommended. Because every app for Mac does not have a standard scheme for storing temporary files, installation support files and caches.
Most of the junk on a Mac comes from daily usage caches. And clearing the cache will certainly free up existing storage space and keep Mac performance healthy.
Each app developer creates folders and saves files as they see fit. The problem is that you have to find and determine which files to delete or still use. If you choose the wrong file to delete, it will certainly put your Mac at risk. But don’t worry because there is an easy way to find and delete junk files on Mac.
3 Ways How to Clean Junk Files and Cache on mac
There are several ways you can do to delete junk files, and cache on a Macbook laptop or iMac PC. You can do it manually or more practically you can use a third-party apps. However, when trying to clean manually there are some risks that may be fatal. Especially when you mistakenly delete certain files, this will certainly affect the device as a whole. So when doing it, it is advisable to be careful and careful.
1. Delete Cache/Temporary Files in Library
- First of all open Finder.
- On the menu bar click or select Go + hold down the Option key on the keyboard, to display the Library folder options.
- Next, select a library.
- Finder > Go > Library menu bar macOS
- Finder > Go > Library
- In the Library folder > select the Caches folder.
- Select the name of the app folder you want to clear the contents (cache).
- For example, here is the app folder name: chrome_crashpad_handler.
- Select all files, then right click > Move to Trash.
- Library Cache file > Move to Trash finder
- Library Cache file > Move to Trash
- Right-click on the Trash icon in the dock.
- Select Empty Trash.
- Empty Trash dock icon
- Empty Trash.
2. Using CC Cleaner
The second way can be to use a free mac app, called CCleaner.
- Download CCleaner for Mac here.
- Install as usual.
- Then open the CCleaner app.
- Select or click the Analyze button.
- Then Run Cleaner.
- Analyze & Run Cleaner macOS
- Analyze & Run Cleaner
- CCleaner will immediately clean up junk files, system files that can be cleaned, browser cache, and other junk files.
3. Using CleanMyMac X
The third way you can use the CleanMyMac X app.
- You can get it for free, by visiting the download link here.
- However the free version comes with limited features. For additional features, you can buy a license at their official store.
- Open CleanMyMac and select the Scan button.
- Next, after scanning.
- You just select the Run button.
- The cleaning process will start immediately.
The ClanMyMac X app, arguably, has more powerful and complete features, compared to CCleaner.
To delete junk files, which are not needed on the hard drive or SSD.
And help improve performance, on your Mac devices
Not only that, this app can also clean old files from other apps that have been uninstalled. This residual file will certainly become garbage that can burden the performance of the device. To clean this old file, here’s how:
- Look for Uninstaller in the left menu.
- A list of apps will appear and you select the app you want to delete.
- Click Next then select Uninstall.
Apart from CleanMyMAc, you can also try other similar apps like MacClean or others.
The ways to clean a Mac above will feel effective when done regularly. Especially if your Mac is used very actively.
This is an article on how to clean junk and cache files on the macOS, on a Macbook laptop or iMac PC.