Deleting Recent Files on Macbook is not that difficult. In this article, we will see how to delete Recent folders/files or items on Mac.
How to Delete Recents on Mac
If you want to delete the recent folder on your Mac, doing so is pretty easy. Go to the Apple logo at the top left of your screen, select Recent Items and press Clear Menu.
How to Delete Recent Files in Finder
If you want to delete the most recent one in the Finder, you can do so without too much trouble. All you need to do is follow the steps below.
To delete the latest in Mac Finder:
- Open Finder on your Mac
- Click Go on your device toolbar
- From the dropdown menu, go to Recent Folders and press Clear Menu
How to Disable Recent Files in Finder
Sometimes, you may need a file in the most recent file. Luckily, your Mac gives you the option to Disable recent files. You can do this from the Finder app.
How to Disable Recent Files:
- Open Finder and go to Recents tab
- Select the recents tab while holding down the Ctrl key simultaneously.
- Select Remove from Sidebar
- How to Clear Recent Searches on Mac Browser
Keeping your Mac clean doesn’t just involve maintaining your offline files. Over time, your web browser will also be filled with site addresses and login details that you no longer use.
But don’t worry — deleting your recent history is easy, regardless of whether you’re using Google Chrome or , Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari. Here’s how to do:
How to delete recent searches in Chrome
If you want to delete recent searches in Google Chrome, you can do so from your browser. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner of Chrome
- Then click History
- Select History again on the new tab
- Click Clear Browsing Data
- Make sure the Browser history box is checked and select Clear Data
Also Read : How to Clean Junk Files and Cache on mac
How to clear recent searches in Safari
Since Safari is a different browser than Google Chrome, the steps to clear recent searches are slightly different. Here’s how to clear recent searches in Safari:
- Open Safari and go to Safari options in the top toolbar
- Click Safari and select Clear History
- When the pop-up window appears, Then, press the Clear History button.
- How to Delete Recent Searches Using MacKeeper
- If you use Chrome as your primary browser, the best way to clear recent Google searches is to download a third-party tool that will allow you to do this. You can also delete Chrome history manually.
Below, you’ll find out how to clear Google Chrome cache using MacKeeper.
How to clear recent searches in Chrome using MacKeeper:
- Open the MacKeeper app and go to Safe Clean
- Check Check All box
- Klik Clean Junk Files button
Easily Delete Recent Files on Mac
After reading this tutorial How to Delete Recents on Mac, you should now know how to remove junk files on your Mac. Whether you want to delete recent folders or clear your web browser history easily, either do it manually or with a third-party apps.